A Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Help You Collect Damages

medical malpracticeAs a patient, you place a tremendous amount of trust in your doctor and the professionals who assist him or her in providing the care you need. If you or a loved one have suffered as the result of a medical professional’s negligence, a medical malpractice lawyer at Froerer & Miles in Ogden, UT, can help you collect the compensation you are owed. Medical malpractice can occur on the part of a doctor, nurse, hospital, or medical staff, and can often result in injury or death. Contact our office today to learn more about how we can help you secure the compensation necessary to cope with losses resulting from medical malpractice.

Types of Medical Malpractice Cases

Medical malpractice cases can be brought against doctors, surgeons, nurses, hospitals, and pharmacists. Some of the more common medical malpractice cases involve:

  • Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose: If you underwent unnecessary treatment, or the doctor failed to diagnose your condition and you experienced unfavorable side effects, these could be considered medical malpractice. Repercussions can be especially devastating when medical professionals fail to diagnose breast cancer, lung cancer, heart disease, bone structure damage, and chemical exposure.
  • Medication and anesthesia: A doctor, anesthesiologist, and pharmacist can be held accountable when the patient is given the wrong medication, incorrect dosage, insufficient instructions, or an unapproved drug.
  • Labor and delivery injuries: Doctors, nurses, and hospitals can all be held accountable if you or your child experienced serious injury or trauma before, during, or after giving birth. Common injuries resulting from medical malpractice during childbirth include cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, or negative side effects from failure to diagnose Rh-incompatibility, large baby syndrome, and malformations.
  • Hospital errors: In some cases, a hospital can be held accountable if your injury occurred due to poor supervision or insufficient resources that prevented the medical professional from providing adequate care.
  • Wrongful death: If a loved one died as a result of medical negligence, a claim can be brought against the doctor or surgeon.

Medical Malpractice Compensation

Although there is a cap of $450,000 set in the state of Utah for pain and suffering compensation, there is not a cap on compensation for wages lost, medical expenses, and other measurable losses. After your lawyer has thoroughly reviewed your case, he will determine a realistic number you can expect to achieve for your case. 

If any insurance companies contact you on behalf of the medical professional or their employer, defer all their questions to your attorney. 

Why Hire an Attorney?

Filing suit against a medical professional or hospital requires thorough knowledge of the negligent party's responsibilities and protocols. Our attorneys can gather the information necessary to prove negligence and help you collect compensation. In the meantime, if any insurance companies contact you on behalf of the medical professional or their employer, defer all their questions to your attorney. These companies are not acting in your best interest, and will likely try to persuade you to settle for an inadequate amount, or attempt to minimize your claim or discredit it altogether.

Call Us Today

If you or a loved one have recently experienced a serious injury due to medical malpractice, contact our office online today or call us at (801) 621-2690. We can arrange a consultation in our office, at your home, or in a hospital or other care facility to determine if you have a personal injury case.

froerer and miles logo

Froerer & Miles

The attorneys at Froerer & Miles have successfully represented clients in a wide range of practice areas since 1959. Our team of attorneys can protect your best interests in matters related to:

  • Family Law
  • Estate law
  • Real Estate Disputes
  • Business Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Litigation

We offer free consultations and provide honest feedback to potential clients regarding their cases. To request your free consultation, contact us online or call us at (801) 621-2690.

Contact Us Today

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite