Services We Offer: Real Estate Cases and Title Review and Clearance
Buying a home is one of the biggest investments in a person's life. Real estate transactions can be complicated, involving titles and other legal paperwork. A skilled real estate attorney can guide clients through their real estate transaction and help resolve any significant issues that may arise along the way.
Experienced in real estate cases and title review and clearance in and around Ogden, UT, the attorneys of Froerer & Miles work to protect client's rights in real estate transactions. Let's take a look at some of the real estate services our attorneys offer.
Common Real Estate Cases
Buying and selling real estate can become complicated. Unfortunately, litigation is sometimes necessary to resolve a real estate dispute. Some common types of real estate cases our law firm specializes in include:
- Breach of contract by the seller: In circumstances where a property owner has signed a contract to sell his or her property to a buyer and later decides not to sell, the buyer may file a breach of contract lawsuit against the seller.
- Breach of contract by the buyer: A buyer may be in breach of contract when the period of time allotted for inspection has expired, the buyer's deposit is no longer refundable, and he or she does not complete the property purchase. In these cases, the buyer's loss is generally capped at the amount of money placed in escrow.
- Non-disclosure of property deficiency: A lawsuit may be brought against a former property owner for failing to disclose of a significant property deficiency that may have caused a buyer not to purchase the property had he or she known of the deficiency. Generally, the former owner is given a chance to repair or pay for the deficiency.
Title Review Services
When purchasing a home or property, it is important to have a title review performed to protect the buyer's best interests. Our experienced real estate attorneys can perform a title review to ensure that:
- The chain of property ownership is correct
- There are no liens or judgments against the property
- There are no pending lawsuits against the property
- There are no unpaid property taxes
- Easements, if present, are clear as to who has rights to the use of the property
Title Clearance Services
Once the title has been reviewed, the title clearance will need to go through. Our attorneys provide title clearance services to address and remedy any issues that could interfere with the passing of a property title from the seller to the buyer. This may include:
- Ensuring liens or judgments against the property are resolved
- Outstanding property taxes are paid
- Easement issues are resolved
- Ensuring that title fraud has not occurred
- Ensuring the buyer is the clear, legal owner of the property
Contact Froerer & Miles for Your Real Estate Legal Needs
If you are buying or selling a home, you need an experienced real estate attorney on your side. Our real estate attorneys will make sure that your rights and best interests are protected. Contact our law firm today to schedule a consultation.