Is My Case Too Small for a Personal Injury Attorney to Care About?
After an accident leaves you with injuries, you may be considering if you should hire an attorney. Even in cases involving minor injuries or claims that may seem small, a personal injury attorney can help in several different ways. It's vital for all accident victims to get the legal representation they need to protect their rights.
At Froerer & Miles, our injury attorneys help accident victims in Ogden, UT, and Layton, UT, work toward getting the compensation they need to recover. Our legal team can help you, even if you think your case is too small for a personal injury attorney to care about. Regardless of the size of your case, you deserve quality legal representation for your claim.
What To Expect When You First Start the Process of Working With an Injury Lawyer
For many accident victims, the process of pursuing a claim for compensation may seem confusing or even overwhelming. Additionally, some victims may feel apprehensive about calling a lawyer because they don't know what to expect.
When hiring an accident lawyer, you will likely follow the same process as in other cases, regardless of the size of your particular claim. Here's what to expect:
- You start by researching to compile a list of lawyers to contact.
- You will then contact a lawyer to tell them that you have been injured and would like to speak with an attorney.
- Next, you schedule a consultation to discuss the details of your case with a lawyer. At Froerer & Miles, we offer accident victims a free consultation and the ability to speak with an attorney over the phone before the initial consultation.
- At the consultation, you will have the chance to outline the facts of your case and ask questions.
- Once you and your lawyer have made an agreement, work begins on your case.
Your lawyer will contact the defendant or their insurance company, file any official legal documents, work with you to determine a case value, and draft your initial demand letter.
How Does an Injury Lawyer Determine How To Help an Accident Victim?
When you meet with our injury lawyers, we will consider several criteria to determine the best way to help. Various criteria we may use to help us when handling your case include:
- The specific facts of your case, including determining the potential causes of the accident
- Utah comparative negligence and liability laws that may affect your case
- What kind of policies may be in place to compensate you for your injuries
- What kinds of damages may be available in your case under Utah law
- Any other extenuating circumstances
Regardless of the size of your case, we can work with you to determine the best legal course of action. If you have been hurt in an accident, don't hesitate to reach out to our attorneys, especially due to concerns that your case may be too small.
Why Work With the Injury Lawyers at Froerer & Miles on Your Case
Our law firm was established in 1959, and we have experience with local courts and cases of all types and sizes. We are dedicated to improving our community through quality legal representation for anyone who has been hurt due to another person's negligence.
We can help you recognize the strengths of your case and better understand how we can work together toward a favorable settlement.
Schedule Your Free Consultation To Speak With Our Injury Attorneys Today
No matter how small you think your case is, our injury lawyers can help you better understand your legal options for recovery. Call us at (801) 621-2690 or contact us to schedule a free consultation today.