Business owners, landlords, and homeowners alike are responsible for keeping their premises safe. In the event that someone suffers an injury while on their property, the owner may be liable. For example, if you are injured on the job due to poor work facility maintenance, you may be able to collect compensation for your hardship. A premises liability lawyer can take action on your behalf. Since 1959, the attorneys at Froerer & Miles have been helping clients in Ogden, UT, and surrounding areas receive the help and compensation they deserve. Reach out online or call (801) 621-2690 to set up a consultation today.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is the means by which we make sure that those responsible for injuries face the appropriate consequences. Additionally, it allows those who have been injured to receive help and compensation on their journey to recovery. No matter the size and influence of the responsible party, Froerer & Miles will hold them accountable in a premises liability case.
No matter the size and influence of the responsible party, Froerer & Miles will hold them accountable in a premises liability case.
Premises liability cases can results from several types of situations, such as:
- Dog Bites – Dog bites are a common occurrence in the United States. In fact, according to recent studies, nearly five million Americans suffer dog bites every year. It is estimated that an alarming 20 percent of those incidents result in a hospital visit.
- Inadequate Security – Unfortunately, many apartment complexes and other facilities have little to no security. Landlords must take adequate steps to protect their tenants such as hiring security guards or requiring security codes.
- Slip and Fall – Wet floors, failure to shovel snow or salt icy roads, and defective staircases are all reasons why people slip and fall. If the owner either did not know about, or did know about but ignored these conditions, they may be held responsible.
- Amusement Park Accidents – Shockingly, accidents happen at amusement parks at a fairly high rate. This is usually due to negligence on the part of the amusement park.
Damages in a Premises Liability Case
If you are injured at the fault of a property owner, you may be awarded damages. There are two main types of damages:
- Compensatory – Between the physical toll of an injury, medical bills, and emotional suffering, injury victims face incredible hurdles. As a means of alleviating the pain and other damages, money is awarded to the victim.
- Punitive – As its name suggests, punitive damages are designed to punish the property owner in a premises liability case. This often requires that your lawyer prove that the responsible party was willfully negligent.
The Importance of Legal Representation
Do not endure financial and emotional pain and suffering without recourse. Having a renowned, successful group of premises liability lawyers on your side makes all the difference in the outcome of your case. At Froerer & Miles, we not only have a qualified team of attorneys, but we have also been serving our clients for nearly six decades. We have diligently worked on behalf of the people and businesses in Ogden, and throughout the state.
Start the Road to Recovery
If you were injured on someone else’s property, you need a group of experienced, professional personal injury lawyers on your side. Contact us online or call (801) 621-2690 to schedule an appointment.