An Employment Lawyer Can Protect Your Rights in the Workplace
If you have experienced discrimination, been wrongfully terminated, or suffered other injustices in the workplace, an employment lawyer at Froerer & Miles in Ogden, UT, can help. Employment law pertains to wages and income, workplace safety, whistleblowing, and much more. Unfortunately, many disputes arise due to discrimination based on an individual’s race, gender, religion, age, pregnancy, or ethnicity. If you have been treated unfairly in the workplace, contact our office today to review your case. Our attorneys can help you collect the damages you will need in order to maintain your quality of life in the wake of a workplace dispute.
The moment the injustice occurs, it is important to contact us right away since there are time limits pertaining to these claims.
Areas of Employment Law
An employment lawyer can assist you in disputes pertaining to:
- Hiring and Firing: It is illegal for an employer to deny or terminate employment based on race, gender, religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions.
- Wages and Benefits: Utah employment laws give you the right to an hourly wage of at least $7.25 per hour (minimum wage) or an annual salary. In addition, this law dictates the days you are paid, and provides you the opportunity to other benefits such as healthcare and paid vacation.
- Family and Medical Leave: Under the Family and Medical Leave Act, you have certain rights, such as leave for jury duty, maternity or paternity leave, leave for a personal health condition or to care for a family member with a serious health condition, or military leave.
- Workplace Safety: Under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), you have the right to a safe, clean, and healthy work environment. If you are injured on the job, your employer may be responsible for paid leave and any medical costs accrued.
- Whistleblowing: If you report an illegal or unethical activity that occurs in your workplace, this is known as whistleblowing. Federal and state whistleblowing acts prevent public and government employees from being unlawfully fired or disciplined for reporting such activity to a government agency. This law also protects you from being fired, threatened, or otherwise discriminated against if you refuse to follow a direct order that is unlawful.
- Child Labor Laws: Children have federal and state laws that protect them in the workplace. These laws also restrict the time of day and number of hours they can work.
If you have experienced discrimination or unlawful termination, our lawyers at Froerer & Miles can help you pursue compensation. We take employment law cases very seriously. The moment the injustice occurs, it is important to contact us right away since there are time limits pertaining to these claims.
Workplace discrimination can affect your financial stability, livelihood, relationships, and quality of life. Depending on the details of your case, your lawyer may seek:
- Reinstatement with full benefits
- Compensation for lost wages and emotional distress
- Reimbursement for attorney fees
Contact Us Today
If you have experienced injustice in the workplace, email our office today or call (801) 621-2690 to arrange a consultation with one of our lawyers. We will carefully review your case to determine if you have grounds for a lawsuit, and begin gathering the pertinent evidence necessary to protect your rights.